The Highway Rangers are coming to Newton Flotman soon. If you have any suggestions for the work that they could undertake, please e-mail Julie King the Parish Clerk – email@example.com by Friday 16th February.
Typical work undertaken:
- Side out a carriageway or footway (overgrown grass/weeds or soil encroachment)
- Strim grass verges
- Clear verge grips
- Rod and flush drains
- Clean out drainage gullies
- Clean out drainage chambers
- Rod and flush kerb drainage off lets
- Wash signs, bollards or reflector posts
- Minor sign/post repairs (such as straightening and reattaching)
- Repair minor kerb defects
- Clear small areas of mud and soil from the carriageway.
- Soil and seed verges
Typical work that they don’t do:
- Repair carriageway / footway surface defects (such as potholes/ cracking), these should be raised with the Highways Dept when noticed as these are repaired by separate gangs.
- Clear ditches (in private ownership)
- Trim hedges (in private ownership)
- Street Name Plates i.e. “High St” (these are the responsibility of the District Council)
- Clear large areas of mud and soil from the carriageway (District Council is the Street Cleaning Authority)
- Clear build-up of leaves from footway / carriageway (District Council is the Street Cleaning Authority)
- Rubbish / litter pick (this is the responsibility of the District Council)