Amey are working on behalf of Highways England to repair the road surface of the A47. This work will repair the eastbound road at the A146 Trowse Interchange, to the south east of Norwich.
Subject to weather conditions, they plan to complete this work overnight between Friday 9 and Tuesday 13 December, working between 20:00 and 06:00 on weeknights only. They apologise for any delays this may create.
To keep road users at a safe distance from the works, they will close the A47 eastbound between the A140 Ipswich Road Interchange and the A1042 Postwick Interchange while they are working. There will be a clearly signed diversion route in place, whereby drivers will be diverted to:
- Exit at the Ipswich Road Interchange, taking the A140 north towards Norwich, then;
- Take the A146 Norwich Ring Road east towards Trowse, then;
- Take A1054 to join the A147, passing Norwich City Football Club, then;
- Take the A1242 Yarmouth Road east towards Thorpe St Andrew, then;
- Take the A1042 east to re-join the A47 at the Postwick Interchange.
They would advise drivers to allow extra time to complete their journey. They will do their utmost to complete the works as quickly as possible, avoiding disturbance and keeping noise to a minimum.
To stay informed about all the latest major roadworks happening near you, visit www.gov.uk/government/organisations/highways-england to register for the latest alerts. If you have any enquiries please contact the Highways England Customer Contact Centre on 0300 123 5000, or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.